Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Vince McMahon appears in the ring during the WWE Monday Night Raw show at the Thomas & Mack Center on August 24, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Ethan Miller | Getty Images

World wrestling entertainment and Endeavor’s UFC announced last month that they would merge later this year. Now we know the name of the merged company.

The new business will be called TKO Group Holdings, spokesperson for The aspiration confirmed on Tuesday. As previously announced, it will trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker TKO. The name is a reference to the professional fighting term “technical knockout”.

With the deal, Endeavor and WWE hope to create a sports entertainment giant valued at more than $20 billion.

Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel will also be CEO of TKO Group, while Vince McMahon, WWE’s controlling shareholder and longtime executive, will serve as executive chairman of the new company. Endeavor will own 51% of the shares, while WWE shareholders will receive the remaining 49%.

Emanuel has said he intends to run “the same playbook” with WWE that Endeavor did with the UFC, whose revenue grew 20% from 2021 to 2022.

“We have a track record of success with media rights,” Emanuel said last month. “WWE has similar scale to UFC. In the universe of assets of this scale, the opportunity is rare and limited.”

The deal is expected to be completed in the second half of the year. The UFC and WWE will retain their respective names as part of the TKO Group.

Although WWE is scripted and UFC features authentic fights, the two organizations share much in common in terms of their martial arts content and cultures.

“This is going to be UFC 2.0,” Emanuel said in an interview that aired last month on CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street.”

Watch Scott Wapner's full interview with Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel and WWE's Vince McMahon

[pub1]