CD Projekt has released a new update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
In addition to various fixes, the studio said patch 4.02 “improves the game’s overall stability and performance” on all platforms.
The update weighs approximately 2 GB PC and between 10-20 GB per Xbox and Gaming console console
The most notable changes included in the patch are listed below.
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt – Next Generation Full Edition Trailer
The Witcher 3 patch 4.02 notes
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PC
- Improved CPU core usage in DX 12.
- Restored horizon-based ambient occlusion. Players who have previously disabled Ambient Occlusion will need to do so again. You can find it
- in Settings → Video → Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the My Rewards section was not localized in REDlauncher.
- Fixed a flickering landscape issue in Toussaint that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks is disabled.
- Fixed an issue with particle optimization that could cause temporary stuttering.
- Improved performance mode on next generation consoles.
- Fixed an issue where characters could become slightly blurry when enabling dialogue and cutscenes PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue with memory usage in ray tracing mode that could cause crashes on Xbox Series X.
- Whatsoever a Man Soweth… – The game no longer freezes if Geralt runs away from Shani after starting a conversation on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where quicksaves could not be loaded when using cross-progression Xbox One.
- Added two missing Supreme Swords! on previous generation consoles.
- Fixed an issue with manual save overwrites where the oldest game saves were deleted on PlayStation 5 under certain circumstances.
- Fixed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad that occurred after loading a save game.
VISUAL is a next generation PC and exclusive
- Improved water immersion by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced prints.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Settings → Video → Graphics.
QUESTS AND GAMEPLAY – available on all platforms
- Battle Preparation – Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would advance the quest during the “Let Avalak’h Know You’re Ready” quest.
- Condition Cause – Resolved an issue where the warehouse door could permanently close if the player knocked, entered, and then immediately left the building.
- Scavenger Hunt: Diagrams Upgrade Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 – Fixed an issue where the quest could remain active even after the diagrams were looted.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to launch New Game+ on an incompatible save would block the player from launching expansions offline until the game was restarted.
LOCALIZATION – available on all platforms
- Fixed an issue with Korean localization of Gwent Ciri and Geralt card descriptions.
- Fixed problems with punctuation in Arabic localization.
- Updated traditional Chinese font.
After several delays and a change of builderThe Witcher 3 next-gen update was released in December as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X/S and PS5, as well as a free patch for players who owned the game on PC and last-gen consoles.
There was a boxed edition of The Witcher 3. released for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S in January .