The third zone in Resident evil 4 is an island. Once again, Ashley is kidnapped and Leon must free her. But before you can do that, you’ll need a level 3 keycard. Here’s our Resident Evil 4 Card Access Terminal Puzzle Guide to help you with that particular goal.
Resident Evil 4 Keycard Access Terminal Puzzles guide
Resident Evil 4 Keycard Access Terminal Puzzles Guide takes place in the lab area of chapter 13. Continue through the level until you reach the Trading Center in the kitchen, which is connected to the lab corridor.
Puzzle #1: Dissection Room – Level 1 Key Card
- Go to the power control lever and press the switch. You can also unlock a nearby gate to get back to the Merchant Center faster.
- Head to the autopsy room where you will see a terminal. You will notice several symbols divided into sections. The goal here is to press the buttons so that each set of symbols rotates, forming a continuous line from the “Power” source in the upper left corner that circulates to the two nodes with electricity icons.
- For the first Resident Evil 4 Keycard Access Terminal Puzzle game, we simply pressed the first two buttons (we ignored the third). After a little trial and error, you should end up with the same chart as the image below. Press the fourth button to unlock the door.
You can then take the Level 1 Key Card that is lying on the table in the autopsy room. However, when you try to exit this area, a Regenerator will appear. These enemies are annoying as they are almost impossible to kill as they flop around and regenerate body parts. At best, you can shoot your enemy in the head to stun them for a couple of seconds, but you should definitely run away or parry their attacks.
Puzzle #2: Freezer – Level 2 Key Card and LE5 Submachine Gun
- Run past the Regenerador and back to the power control lever so you can hit the switch again.
- Next, proceed to the freezer, which can now be opened with your level 1 keycard.
- Inside is another console. The same concepts still apply when it comes to this Resident Evil 4 card access terminal puzzle: press buttons to form a continuous line. The difference here is that you need to connect five electrical nodes.
- In our case, we just messed around with the first three buttons. Again, a little trial and error is in order. You should then have something similar to the image below. Press the fifth button and you are done with this part.
- You should then enter a small room where there is LE5 submachine gun.
In any case, if the power is successfully redirected, you can interact with the terminal on the back of the freezer. This will replace the access level of your keycard. But it will take some time, about a minute or so.
During this time, another Regenerator will crawl out of the body bag. Stun and parry, but don’t use up all your ammo to kill him. You will hear a programmed voice telling you that the process is complete, so grab the key card and get out of there.
Incubation Room – Key Card and Level 3 Biosensor
You will now be able to enter the passage that leads to the incubation room. It’s a large metal doorway at the end of the corridor next to the Merchant’s Center. When you reach the bottom floor, you’ll see four Regenerators frozen in stasis tanks. Here’s what you need to do:
- Don’t destroy any of the tanks or shoot the Regenerators just yet. Instead, go to the control room in the back and pick it up Field of application of the biosensor. It can be attached to any compatible weapon (ie rifle). Zoom in and you’ll see the parasites in the bodies of the regenerators (at least three). Now the idea is to take out each parasite with accurate shots that will kill these creepy creatures more effectively.
- If you want to complete the Two Bugs One Stone achievement, find a Regenerador that has two parasites close together. Place your shot so that one bullet can kill both vermin.
- As for the main objective, you’ll have to kill a Regenerator that has a wrench stuck in its case. Take the wrench and use it on the terminal in the control room. This will allow you to place the key card inside.
- Again, you’ll have to wait for the process to complete, and half a dozen enemies will charge into your position while it’s happening. After eliminating them all, you can collect the key card.
This will complete the Resident Evil 4 card access terminal puzzles as well as other related objectives. All that’s left is to return to the holding cell where Ashley is, which will complete this chapter.
Resident Evil 4 has more mechanics and secrets for you to discover. You can learn more in our hub guides.
The products discussed here were independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.