Matrix the trilogy was released in chronological order, but with several additions to the story Animatrix shoot, start jumping through the timeline Matrix the viewing order is in question. Four feature films that most people know Matrix, The matrix has been reloadedand Matrix Revolutions, Matrix Resurrection but Animatrix and few canon video games expand the world and story in major ways. With so much content, fans can be confused about the best way to watch The Matrix franchise in its entirety.
The Wachowski brothers began their career Matrix Franchise since 1999 Matrixplayed the main role Keanu Reeves as Neo, a young hacker discovers the world he lives in is just a machine-made fabrication, prophesied to liberate humanity. Sequels, animated films, video games, and comic books have since deepened the lore, expanded the world, and continued. Matrix story. Determining the exact chronological order can be quite confusing given the depth and breadth of the franchise’s world-building. The Wachowskis have created an absolutely unique and unmissable world that combines elements of action, philosophy, religion and technology. Rewatch the series or dive in for the first time, finding the best Matrix viewing order makes the experience even better.
The procedure for viewing the release date of the matrix
A way to dive Matrix viewing order should be by release dates. Matrix franchise there is a lot of material, including comics and movies, that make for a more engaging experience. While comics are a rich text archive, movies, animated shorts, and video games provide more than enough content to cover. The procedure for viewing the release date is as follows:
- Matrix (March 1999)
- The matrix has been reloaded (May 2003)
- Enter the matrix (May 2003)
- Animatrix (June 2003)
- Matrix revolutions (November 2003)
- Matrix online (April 2005)
- The Matrix: The Way of Neo (November 2005)
- The Matrix: Resurrections (December 2021)
Matrix begins after the main events have occurred, including a timeline of the machine rebellion and how they gained control over the humans. Despite this in media res the feeling that comes with watching it, Matrix It is very important to see first to introduce the audience real world and matrix simulation. However, if the socio-political aspect of the world is to be studied in depth matrix, can be considered Matrix comicsa collection of pin-ups and shorts that inform the wider world in interesting ways.
Since Neo is a replacement for the audience and is new to the matrix, he learns many of the rules and main events in the first movie.. It is just as necessary for the viewer to learn more and more deeply Matrix the rabbit hole. Even while watching Animatrixwhen it comes to world events that lead to humans being taken over by machines, the stakes won’t be the same if fans don’t understand how vast their control is. Matrix and The matrix has been reloaded.
The chronological order of viewing the matrix
Other Matrix the viewing order option is to watch chronologically full-length films, animated shorts, and stories based on each of the three video games. Fans should be convinced of the separation Animatrix Especially since the films aren’t presented in chronological order and don’t exactly take place before, during, or after the events of the feature films. From the beginning; for this reason Matrix The chronological order looks like this:
- Animatrix: The Second Awakening, Parts I and II: Takes place in the mid-21st century and focuses on events a war between machines and humans. The story is narrated by The Instructor, a translator of the Zion Archives, which holds all pre-machine history.
- Animatrix: A Detective Story: Follows a detective named Ash who receives a phone call asking him to track down a hacker known as “The Triad”. The events of the film imply that Ash’s investigation takes place a little earlier Matrix.
- Matrix: The first film in the franchise takes place in the 1999 version of the Matrix, but in reality, all the events take place closer to the year 2199.
- Animatrix: A Children’s Story: Children’s story will happen soon Neo learns about the Matrix from Morpheus. The boy in blue dreams about Neo and tries to find out if what he says about the Matrix is true.
- Animatrix: The Final Flight of Osiris: Direct access to both Enter the matrix and The matrix has been reloaded. This story tells about the events of the ship Osiris as he works to avoid capture by the Sentinels and prevent the destruction of the last human city of Zion.
- Enter the matrix: Game events Enter the matrix slightly overlaps with The final flight of Osiris and Matrix. The story is parallel The matrix has been reloaded.
- The matrix has been reloaded: takes place six months after the events Matrix.
- Matrix revolutions: Revolutions starts almost immediately afterwards events Reloadedthat is, it will happen after about six to seven months Matrix.
- The Matrix: The Way of Neo (Runs concurrently with the movies from the moment Morpheus offers the pill): Neo’s way‘s story runs in all three lengths Matrix movies so fans can read the story or fans can play games after watching them. Interestingly, Neo’s way offers an alternate ending.
- Matrix online: Matrix online centers around a race to collect the fragments of The One (Neo) after the events Revolutions. A specific time frame is not stated, but it takes place after the end of the full-length trilogy.
- Animatrix: Beyond: Beyond takes place after feature films. It focuses on a group of teenagers in Japan who find bugs in the Matrix, which they use for entertainment.
- The Matrix: Resurrections: Takes place approximately 18 years after the events Revolutionsopening up the universe meta-wise, Neo continues his saga and its role in the future of mankind.
- Animatrix: World Record: World record it is difficult to place because there are no specific events that connect it to a different place in time. However, this is briefly narrated by the Instructor, who also narrates Second Renaissanceat least providing a reference to a familiar icon.
- Animatrix: Matriculated: Enrolled’s time period is difficult to place because it does not contain clear clues as to when events will take place.
- Animatrix: The Program: Program it is equally difficult to place inside Matrix chronology for reasons such as World record and Enrolled.
Solving chronological problems Matrix view order is a beast of a task. This mode of viewing is only recommended for those who have at least seen the films before or are looking for a pleasantly challenging way to engage with this world.
Recommended matrix viewing order
While watching events Matrix movies to flesh out the story a bit better, it can be a little overwhelming if fans are relatively new to the world of The Matrix. Before fans delve deeper into the legend, it’s best to have a basic understanding of what the Matrix is and what the rules are.
At the same time, it should be noted that the structure of the simulator is constantly changing, which makes it difficult to map events chronologically consistently, because space-time is fluid. So watching two movies can be a bit daunting Animatrix first before exploring the live movies as shown in chronological order. Therefore, viewing is recommended Matrix films, short films and reading the Matrix video games based on the date they were issued. The procedure for viewing as an update looks like this:
- The matrix has been reloaded
- Enter the matrix
- Matrix revolutions
- Matrix online
- The Matrix: The Way of Neo
- The Matrix: Resurrections
How does the matrix fit into the 4 view order
As The Matrix: Resurrections successfully solves events Revolutions from a temporal perspective, it should be watched immediately after the official trilogy. Resurrections In exploring the meta-narrative with shifting symbology and semantics, it not only continues the tales of Neo and Trinity, but also provides insight into how the nature of the matrix has evolved in the postmodern era.
It will be interesting to see as the current era is filled with technological advancements and the projected increase in self-confidence. how is the world Matrix behaves in accordance with these changes. As a matter of fact, Matrix franchising is a complex world that has become one of the most storied and storied worlds franchises have to offer. So getting the viewing order right is essential if fans want to get the most out of their experience.
Where can Matrix 5 fit into Chronology?
placing Matrix If the franchise continues, the order of the films may get more complicated. How fun to see all the characters come back Resurrection of the Matrix, it is no secret that the film did not live up to the expectations of fans. The ambitious plans for the long-awaited sequel to the film seemed too much to come together, so fans are hoping that it will. better Matrix continuation to come No announcements yet Matrix 5there are a number of ways that the new movie fits into the current timeline.
With failure Resurrection of the Matrix, it is unlikely that there will be another movie with Neo and Trinity as the main characters. However, the franchise could continue in the legacy legacy direction by bringing in a few new characters for a new story and featuring Neo in a supporting role. Another way to explore with new characters is through the prequel series. This avoids mixing the four stories Matrix movies and this mythology has a lot of history worth exploring, all the way back to the first humans who escaped the simulation. the adventures of young Morpheus. With such a compelling timeline, it seems like there’s more to come Matrix stories to come.
MORE: The Matrix has already told you that it can go on without Neo and Trinity